The purpose of chamber concerts is to create a culture in which:
- You as a parent attend the concert to support your child.
- You would realise the value of chamber concerts, namely that it creates an opportunity for learners to practise performing in front of an audience.
- You respect that every learner deserves the opportunity to perform in front of an audience
Please note the following:
- Chamber concerts will be from 17:30 -18:30.
- When a teacher suggests that your child should play at a chamber concert on a date where
you cannot stay for the full duration of the chamber concert, please arrange with the teacher
that your child rather perform on a date where you are available.
- Performers should please join the audience before and after their performances.
- Please acquaint yourself with the year programme on which all the chamber concerts are
- least one parent/guardian must attend the concert.
- In the case of exceptional circumstances (e.g. if both parents of a learner work until 17:30
and can only attend part of the concert), please communicate timeously with the teacher
concerned about how we could best accommodate you.
- Exceptions will only be made in serious and exceptional cases.
We would like to encourage you to come and listen to the chamber concerts with the aim to develop a lively culture of audience participation. You, as well as your friends and family, are therefore also welcome to attend any of the other chamber concerts listed on the year programme.
Let our main goal for chamber concerts be to cultivate the love for music.